Respect New Mexico Women is a movement of women, families, faith leaders, medical providers, and community-based organizations united in support of New Mexico women and their reproductive health decisions.
- That decisions about abortion and reproductive health are personal and belong between a woman and her medical provider;
- That anti-abortion politicians interferering in private medical decisions is unacceptable;
- That a woman should feel supported and safe in her decision to seek a safe and legal abortion.
We are here to:
- Fight For Access. We support legislation and action that increases access and removes barriers to comprehensive reproductive health care.
- Support Our Community. We are a supportive community where people can talk about abortion without fear of shame or stigma.
- Defend Against Attacks. We oppose any attempt to disrespect women by interfering in private decisions about abortion. It is our lives, our families, and our communities that are hurt by attempts to block access to safe and legal abortion in New Mexico.