Respect New Mexico Women is a movement of women, families, faith leaders, medical providers, and community-based organizations united in support of New Mexico women and their reproductive health decisions.
- That decisions about abortion and reproductive health are personal and belong between a woman and her medical provider;
- That anti-abortion politicians interferering in private medical decisions is unacceptable;
- That a woman should feel supported and safe in her decision to seek a safe and legal abortion.
We are here to:
- Fight For Access. We support legislation and action that increases access and removes barriers to comprehensive reproductive health care.
- Support Our Community We are a supportive community where people can talk about abortion without fear of shame or stigma.
- Defend Against Attacks.We oppose any attempt to disrespect women by interfering in private decisions about abortion. It is our lives, our families, and our communities that are hurt by attempts to block access to safe and legal abortion in New Mexico.
Tired of politicians and anti-abortion groups trying to interfere in deeply personal decisions about pregnancy and abortion?
Join the movement!
Community Organizations who respect New Mexico women:
- American Association of University Women New Mexico
- American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico
- Equality New Mexico (EQNM)
- Girls Inc. of Santa Fe
- Indigenous Women Rising
- Las Cruces Coalition for Reproductive Justice
- League of Women Voters of New Mexico
- National Organization for Women (NOW) New Mexico chapter, Santa Fe chapter, and Albuquerque chapter
- New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- New Mexico Women's Agenda
- Planned Parenthood New Mexico
- ProgressNow New Mexico
- Southwest Women's Law Center
- Strong Families New Mexico
- Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP)
- Tewa Women United
- Whole Woman's Health
- Young Women United