Respect New Mexico Women is a movement of women, families, faith leaders, medical providers, and community-based organizations united in support of New Mexico women and their reproductive health decisions.
- That decisions about abortion and reproductive health are deeply personal and belong between a woman and her doctor.
- That government interference in these private medical decisions is unacceptable.
- That a woman should feel supported in her decision to seek a safe and legal abortion.
We are here to:
- Step up. It is our lives, our families, and our communities that are hurt by attempts to block access to safe and legal abortion in New Mexico.
- Speak out. We are a supportive community where people can talk about abortion without fear of shame or stigma.
- Stand strong. We oppose any attempt to disrespect women by interfering in private decisions about abortion.
Community Organizations who respect New Mexico women:
- American Association of University Women New Mexico
- American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico
- Equality New Mexico (EQNM)
- League of Women Voters of New Mexico
- National Organization for Women (NOW) New Mexico chapter, Santa Fe chapter, and Albuquerque chapter
- New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- New Mexico Women's Agenda
- Planned Parenthood New Mexico
- ProgressNow New Mexico
- Southwest Women's Law Center
- Strong Families New Mexico
- Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP)
- Whole Woman's Health
- Young Women United